Special educational needs assistants work alongside children who need extra support in the classroom environment. This can be anything from physical and learning difficulties to general behavioural issues. Working in this field of education can be very challenging, but the rewards are even greater. SEN assistants play an incredibly important role in a child with special educational needs emotional and educational development. For SEN Assistant Jobs London, TimePlan Education can help you.
What makes a great SEN assistant?
- Patience, understanding and empathy are vital
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- A keen interest in education
- Ability to form great working relationships with staff and pupils
- Great organisational skills